Guardian of the Realm
The Guardians of the realm are a druidic order which follow the belief that nature and balance of life are sacred and must be protected.
The Guardian's of the realm's objective is simple : to live and protect the balance of all that lives upon mother earth. They follow the teachings that balance is very important, and that we must not take more than we need unless the mother allows it.
The birthplace of the order is in the nation of Lii starting with high priestess Katt however the order accepts all who wish to follow the teachings no matter where they live.
- Status:: Public, Religious
- Affiliation: Lii
- Bonus Skills: Herbalist, Survival
- Head of Order: High priestess Katt
Voice of Nature
- Type: Ritual
- Description: By communing with the spirits of nature or tapping into the lines of power that flow through the world, the Guardian can gain an awareness of the environment or pass a message to other members of the Order. Either use of this Ability is a Spiritual + Perform (Ritual) Results Roll. The Ritual remains in effect for the Scene or until ended by the Guardian. This Ritual must be done away from civilization unless the region has strong connections to nature.
- For 1 Essence, the Guardian can project her thoughts to another Guardian within (Potency x 100) kilometers, allowing any Guardian in range to hear her. The recipient may then spend 1 Essence to be able to communicate back. Perceptions can be shared between the Guardians for as long as the two remain in contact. Either Guardian can terminate the connection at any time during the Scene.
- For 2 Essence, the Guardian becomes aware of project her awareness to any location within (Potency) kilometers of their physical location, witnessing the events that occur. The Guardian can experience the scene, adjust their view, or explore the location using her scenes, and can 'fly' her senses to any point within the area of effect for the Scene, changing perceptions or following groups, shifting to a new location, or altering her observations.
- For 3 Essence, the Guardian can bond their perceptions with another animal, allowing the Guardian to speak and communicate with the animal, or command them as the Guardian sees fit. Only one animal can be bonded to at a time, and to bond to another animal the Guardian is aware of, they must 'release' their current animal. Once connected, the Guardian can retain control of the animal and use the animal's senses as her own, as long as it remains within (Potency x 100) kilometers. If the animal moves out of range, the connection is severed and the ritual ends.
Serpent Road Walker
- Type: Ritual
- Description: The Guardian can slip into the lines of power that cross the world, the serpent road. By spending 2 Essence and making a Spiritual + Endurance Results Roll, the Guardian can connect to one of the serpent roads and travel across the world, adding (Potency) to their Speed. The Guardian must follow the line of power itself, though she will constantly move towards her desired destination as long as the serpent line crosses it. If the line crosses a civilized region, her Speed is halved while passing through, as the local population disrupts the flow of essence.
Grove of the Guardians
- Type: Ritual
- Description: This powerful ritual allows the Guardian to create a grove. By spending 5 Essence and accepting a permanent -1 Spiritual Penalty, the Guardian can choose a region and create a haven of nature. The Guardian pays the cost and makes a Spiritual + Perform (Ritual) Results Roll and spends a number of days equal to the Difficulty in meditation, fasting as they imbue a portion of themselves into the region. Over the course of the ritual, the region begins to blossom, becoming healthier and stronger.
- The grove has an influence which extends out (Potency) kilometers in radius from where the Guardian began the ritual. At the center of the region a Guardian Tree begins to grow, reaching (Potency x Might) Size and having (Potency) Hardness. The Guardian can choose what kind of tree this is.
- Those within the influence of the grove recovers one additional Health and Essence each day, while Guardians recover two additional Health and Essence each day. Other nature or spirit-aligned Orders may also gain a heightened recovery.
- The grove produces a serpent road (as described in Serpent Road Walker) which runs to the Guardian Tree and back out among the other serpent roads, connecting the grove to any other groves which may exist.
- Plants, Animals, and Spirits within the region gain +2 Soak and have +2 Health and Essence while within the influence of the Grove.
Gift of the Mother
The Guardian makes a special bond with the world, swearing to protect it, and in turn be protected by it. In return for the duties expected of the Guardian, they are provided with a number of benefits, granted as the Guardian gains strength and experience. One Ability is granted at Growth 1, Growth 4, and Growth 7.
Growth 1: Life Bond
- Type: Benefit
- Description: The essence of the world flows into the Guardian, invigorating them and offering some protection from the hazards of the world. The Guardian adds (Might) Additional Successes on all rolls to resist poison and disease, and multiplies their life span by their Might. While the Guardian still ages, they always look to be in their prime, up to their dying day. Possession of this Ability is leave for the Guardian to take the Longevity Power, and most will do so, as the benefits of each stack. This benefit remains in effect as long as the Guardian is a member of this Order.
Growth 4: Command Nature
- Type: Ritual
- Description: The Guardian is capable of calling nature to provide assistance. The character makes a Spiritual + Perform (Ritual) Results Roll, and uses a number of Full Round Actions equal to the Difficulty of the roll. The character may reduce the time it takes to call the storm by one Full Round Action per Essence the character is willing to spend. The storm appears (or vanishes) at the end of the activation time, and the Radius listed is the maximum area effect the character can produce, though they can shape the storm as they wish within that area of effect. The character sacrifices Potency to create the type of weather effect they wish. The left-over Potency determines what the character can do with the weather they have created, or dismissed.
|Fog Or Mist
||1||(Potency) x 100 m||Potency Hours|
||4||(Potency) km||Potency Hours|
||6||(Potency) km||Potency days|
||3||(Potency) km||Potency Hours|
||5||(Potency) x 10 m||Potency x 5 Minutes|
||2||(Potency) km||Potency x 10 Minutes|
Fog or Mist
Mist and Fog muffles sound and sight, increasing the Difficulty of all Awareness and Search Skill rolls by the Potency of the effect. Those attempting to use Stealth Skill gain a number of Additional Successes equal to the Potency of the effect. An individual’s field of vision is reduced to tem yards, minus one per Potency of the effect. The Potency is reduced by one per hour, decreasing the penalties and bonuses it grants, and also reducing the radius of effect.
Hail inflicts Damage up to the to the Potency of the effect, as desired by the character, and is soaked normally by anyone within the area of effect. This Damage is done once each minute someone is trapped out in the weather. An individual’s field of vision is reduced to twenty yards, minus one per Potency of the effect. Objects in the area lose an amount of Health per 10 minutes, for every point of Potency being used as Damage over the object’s Hardness. The Potency is reduced by one per hour, decreasing the Damage it inflicts, and also reducing the radius of effect.
A Hurricane is a powerful wind and rain storm. It automatically gains all the Effects listed under Thunder Storm and Wind Storm, and for one additional Potency each, the character may also add the Hail Storm and Tornado Effects. The Potency is reduced by one per day, decreasing the Damage it can inflict, and also reducing the penalties and radius of the overall effect.
Thunder Storms increase the Difficulty of all Awareness and Search Skill rolls, as well as any Physical Actions by the Potency of the effect. An individual’s field of vision is reduced to twenty yards, minus two per Potency of the effect. The character may, as an Action, spend 1 Potency to call down lightning on a specific target. The character makes a Passive Roll using Spiritual + Awareness, and anyone within a number of yards of the target equal to the current Potency of the storm is subject to the effect. The Successes are compared with the Defence of the victims. As an Active Defence, those within the area of effect may use their Dodge Skill. The Damage of the lightning is equal to the current Potency of the storm, and ignores Armour Soak. Those caught in the area of effect are helpless for a number of Actions equal to the Potency of the strike, and are deafened for the Scene. The Potency is reduced by one per hour, decreasing the Damage it can inflict, and also reducing the penalties and radius of the overall effect.
The Tornado moves with a Speed equal to twice the Potency of the effect and gains all the benefits of a Wind Storm, but with the Speed of grabbed objects doubled. Tornadoes inflict Damage equal to the Potency of the effect, which can be soaked as normal. This Damage is inflicted every Round. A Tornado does not lose Potency until the full Duration has ended. A character may call lightning, as per a Thunder Storm, reducing the Potency of the Tornado.
Wind increases the Difficulty of all Physical Actions by the Potency of the wind. It may also pick up or move anything with a Bulk less than the Potency of the wind, pushing it at a Speed equal to twice the difference between the object’s Bulk and the wind’s Potency. Anyone struck by an object pushed by the wind takes Damage equal to the lower of the item’s Bulk or Speed of the object, soaked normally. Every ten minutes, the Potency is reduced by one, decreasing the penalties and the Bulk of items which are blown around, as well as the overall radius of the effect.
Growth 7: Traveler of the Earth
- Type: Ritual
- Description: At this degree of power, the Guardian is an ally of the world and finds themselves protected and preserved from the harshest environments. The Guardian can spend 3 Essence and make a Spiritual + Perform (Ritual) Results Roll at the beginning of a journey. For the duration of the trip, the Guardian gains (Potency) Minimum Successes to resist all natural environmental effects or damage, including falls from cliffs, freezing or boiling temperatures, or resisting drowning if underwater. As long as the Guardian makes some progress towards reaching their destination each day, the benefit of this ritual remains. Once the Guardian abandons their journey, achieves their destination, or consciously hinders their progression, the benefits are lost.